|Subjects||Photography by Mark Conde||Favorite Images|
I am currently an Associate Professor of Physics at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. In addition to teaching, I conduct research in Space Physics and Aeronomy, using both ground based optical instrumentation and sounding rockets. I started fooling around with photography as a hobby many years ago, as an outgrowth of my interests in optics, astronomy, and the outdoors. Although I have been living in Alaska since 1993, I am an Australian by birth. Prior to coming here, I worked for The Australian Antarctic Division and at the La Trobe University Physics Department. For those who are wondering, "Zubenelgenubi" is the second brightest star in the constellation Libra. It is actually a quintuple star system, whose two most massive members are each significantly brighter and hotter than our own Sun. Furthermore, both are in turn themselves unresolved spectroscopic binaries. Distance to the system is around 77 light years (24 pc).
Questions or comments about these photos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 22 January, 2015
- Added 49 photos to Excursions > Europe > White Cliffs Dover Thereof
- Added 63 photos to Excursions > Europe > Germany
- Added 23 photos to Excursions > Europe > London
- Added 3 photos to Excursions > Europe > Brussels
- 31 December, 2014
- Added 36 photos to Excursions > Europe > Brussels
- 30 December, 2014
- Added 15 photos to Excursions > Europe > OverijseForest
- 29 December, 2014
- Added 11 photos to Excursions > Europe > OverijseForest